Monday, April 29, 2013

I need Luigi!

Arrived in Atlantic City yesterday (Sunday) and quickly rushed to the kickoff dinner. It was here that I was informed that my plumbing experience was indeed going to be helpful and utilized during this build. The house which our entire group, including myself, were assigned to had two bathrooms and two kitchens worth of fixtures which were in need of disconnecting in order to complete demo and then later on install new fixtures. Needless to say I was happy to find out that I could bring a unique skill to the project.
 By the end of dinner I had continued my path of discovery, I learned that there were two other plumbers who would gladly use my help on a few other plumbing projects around the legacy build. I was excited!
 Today I once again expanded my knowledge. Apparently I was the only plumber out of some two hundred and fifty volunteers. The two men I had learned out about last night turned out to be an electrician and a man named Pete. Pete described himself as "knowing enough plumbing to be dangerous". Well the votes had been cast and I was elected as Head Plumber for ALL 22 projects in the legacy build.
Today I got the opportunity to visit and assess all the plumbing in all the houses. I'm excited for a full and interesting week. I'll finish today with this.... I visited twenty houses today, and I am now convinced there isn't a single vent in all of Atlantic City.


No comments:

Post a Comment