Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The secret door in princess peaches castle

Hello everybody!
So I'm gonna let you all in on the inner workings of my now daily routine. I begin the day with the entire Hancock group at devotions outside of our cars at the hotel. We then all load into the cars and schlep our tools into our build house. I meet up with Tim ( one of our house leaders) to go over what plumbing needs to be done so the projects of the day don't get held up by me. As I proceed to take care of whatever Tim or Charlie (the other house leader) need done I await for the phone call. When my phone rings each morning, Pete is on the other end. "Your ready to go? I'm on my way."

 I load up my tools and jump into Pete's truck. The rest of the day I spend going from one house to another trying to get whatever plumbing done that I can, so that the next step of that particular house can proceed. For a lot of these houses it's basic stub outs for the water lines and drains, for some tho, its a little bit more. In the last two days the biggest projects I've worked on are two full bathroom remodels, new stud walls, water and drainage. ( I have pictures but am having slight problem figuring out how to get them from my camera to an I-product, I'm not as good with technology as I am with pipes so bear with me)

As I roughed in new water and drainage lines in one of these bathrooms I heard someone yell "PLUMBER!" I quickly headed to the room to find that they had securely fastened a piece of drywall to a pipe with a screw accidentally. Now this isn't that big of an issue, quick fix and as good as new... Usually...in this particular case none of us knew where the main shutoff was for the house. As I hurriedly searched for the shutoff I discovered that it was in the front part of the house which had been converted into a garage only accessible thru a garage door. The problem was we discover that this garage door was of course locked. Nobody had a key for it, and the home owner was away! As I frantically grabbed tools to try and turn off the water at the street, the house leader told me " you know we actually are replacing that garage door anyways." Problem solved! We quickly made ourselves a small door ( kicked out a panel in the bottom) and I crawled in and shut off the water. Mission accomplished! After a quick repair everything was good as new. I got extra hot dogs at lunch!

At the end of the day, after heading to a number of other houses, I meet up with the group for a dinner. Then back to the hotel, to get some sleep, dreaming of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment